Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eating With People

One of my coworkers is amazing. One day at work he brought a large bag of trail mix, filled with peanuts, raisins, almonds, m&m's, and a few other assorted food items.  When I came into work I stopped by his cube and saw him snacking on the trail mix.  I grabbed a handful and went to my desk, and started working.  After a few minutes my coworker came over and we ate some Quaker Oats Oatmeal Squares and discussed the current happenings.

After a few minutes, my coworker went back to his cube.  Two hours later, it was time to go and I stopped by to say bye.  I glanced at the bag of trail mix, and it was completely empty.  I was surprised to see this, because it was a huge bag of trail mix.  It looked something like this:

It had 7,520 Calories

I asked my coworker, "Dang, how did you get rid of that so fast?" I was expecting him to say something like, "Oh, I threw some of it away." Or maybe "I gave some to the janitor, and he spilled it on the floor."  Instead, he replied with "I ate it."

At first I didn't believe him.  There was no way he had eaten that big of a bag of trial mix in as few as three hours!  I asked him again, and his beliefs held firm.  I checked the bag of trail mix.  47 servings at 160 calories per serving.  I did some quick mental math (on my cell phone), and realized he had just eaten over SEVEN THOUSAND calories.  7, 520 to be exact.  7,520 calories in three hours...while working.  That was impressive.  And as a side note, this guy was not fat.  He was very very skinny.  One of those guys that could eat three sticks of butter every night and have trouble keeping his weight above "skinny level."

So, he could eat a horse.  And he was coming over to my house. At least I don't have any horses for him to eat (that was a really bad joke). Despite the lack of mammary horses, there were some freshly baked cookies sitting out in a container (isn't that an oxymoron? sitting out...in a container?) Anyways, they were sitting out.  And if you missed the story I told you before, this guy likes to eat.  As expected, he had started to eat the cookies.  He ate one, then two, then three.  Then he continued on to eat more and more cookies.

For some reason, I also started to eat like this guy.  I started eating many cookies, just like my coworker.  I had maybe 7 or 10 cookies, I can't remember.  I remember my Psychology teacher teaching us about how when you are with other people you eat a lot more.  Apparently, when you are with big eaters, you are more likely to eat similar to them (Side note: As I typed that sentence Jason Mraz said "You're putting too much food on my plate" in the song "Too Much Food."  What an odd coincidence.  Must be God's will).  So anyways, I ate more because my coworker ate more.  The End.


Some information from Better U INC.
Trail Mix picture from Sam's Club (best store EVER) at this URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg