Saturday, December 12, 2009

Too Much Trust

We rely ALOT on computers.

By the way, "alot" should be a world.  Why in the world do we need to separate it out into two? "A lot" sounds like "a lot for sale," not "alot of homework." I'm thinking about petitioning to the dictionary to get this fixed.  I am still looking for a phone number to call, but I can't find one anywhere.  Maybe I'll just mail a letter to Santa, and he'll take care of it.

Anyway, back to our overuse of computers.  One day, not too long ago, I had just finished up a story.  I wanted to share it on Google Docs, no big deal. I tried to upload it, but it said the servers were down.  Thats too bad.

Then, just today, I was gonna go to Wikipedia for some blog ideas, but it was down.  Thats too bad.

How many more bad things will happen? Many.

Here are some bad things that could happen to our world within the next few years:

-A virus could infect Wikipedia, automatically correcting all the incorrect information.  Teachers wouldn't know what to do.

-Google could crash.  Where would we go to get ALL our information? Actually, on the other hand, it would be interesting to see Google crash.  The monopoly would be gone, and competition would increase, hopefully allowing for more advances in technology. Google, please crash.

-Oh, okay. I see how it is. Now Wikipedia decides to work....Wait, I take that back, it crashed again. How am I gonna finish this research paper?

-It seems as if Wikipedia is running out of money. At the top of every page is a banner begging for cash. Maybe they will have to rely on volunteers to write the articles now...oh wait, they already do that.

-I just found a banner that uses peer pressure to get your money.



I wonder if Peter Chang drank as a teen?

Continuing on with my list of bad things that can happen to the world:

-Pandora radio could crash. Then I wouldn't be supplied with good free music.

-Yahoo could crash. Then I wouldn't be able to check my email, or play pool online.

-Blogger could crash. Then I wouldn't be able to blog.


I am going to simulate blogger crashing.  This is what all my posts would look like:

#$(JARGIOA@#$*AWTIHGF($)#IERJF()$A#OPWJE($#WTE(Rj4a3w8toihjfs34potiawerlgf3wap4u90tj34pwa98juthap398wuaq2984pytpa3gtps80reugj;osdiprjg09jt4gp8se8ohrjg;soeirjg;lkrewjt9243jt9034jt;seoijge90tu34w8jut5[3a8w4jut0[a9tju40pjref;eriojg0934jt3094jut5o9j858gjoi54josiredjf9403ujt89243oitjr3940wjof29340utopjg35[er9ygijoherhseirthju[a0wu93423-riwe=tg-ps[dfo[spdf'sk;d/fkpeorjt903w4ut23094ur3q09ujweiojroisrjg;oiasjgr[s0er9iht[88ihyjldksfnjv,vmcnboiesjrg9-awjg4sidfojglxdkgjp;ae9tju90432autj[a'wrrgpojudfsl;kgja3w[4'ut9saergtijrwe[itusdfpogjuaw[094ti90w34ti9ojer

I would get tired of reading that after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg