Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Frying Pan Chronicles, Part I

I have a question for everyone...  It is a quaint question, one characterized by both sounds and meaning.  The question may confound you, or simply make you roll your eyes in under appreciation.....

(Four days later)

Darn.  Don't you just hate it when you save a post, thinking you will come back to it in a day or two, and then completely forget where you were going with it?  That just happened.  I seriously forgot the "quaint question" I was going to ask.  This sucks.  Now I want to know the question!  What is this question?  Okay, it appears I must go on.  I cannot continue this quest for the question in my blog post.

(Funny Joke: What happens when you put a quest in water? It becomes a quest-ion)

As I was saying...I was doing the dishes one night, just as usual.  I generally do the dishes twice or three times a week, and it is always an average task.  I do no necessarily enjoy doing the dishes, nor do I necessarily dislike doing the dishes.  Doing the dishes would be equivalent to putting on clothes.  I do not necessarily enjoy putting on clothes, nor do I especially loathe clothing myself.

No sexist jokes, please.

As I was saying...I was doing the dishes one night.  I had just finished the washing stage of doing this dishes.  Generally, when doing the dishes, there are 4 stages to completion.


  • The first stage involves basic organization and bulk load reducing.  This stage involves putting the majority of the dishes in the dish washer, and then running the dish washer if it is full.  If the dishwasher isn't completely full you can probably run it the next day after breakfast.  By doing this you save running a load which has many benefits in synergy.  This stage also involves starting up the sink for dish washing.  Some would consider the sink preparatory period an entire new stage, but for the purpose of length we will call it part of the Organizational stage.  
    • In the sink preparatory period, you must fill up the sink with bubbles and water.  You generally get a wash cloth and possibly a pan scrapper if necessary.

  • The second stage is known as the "Washing" stage.  This is the stage where the dishes go from dirty to clean.  To complete this stage you must scrub each dish with the rag/pan scrapper, making sure it is clean.  Some people like to wear rubber gloves during this stage to help reduce dry skin and such.  Others simply like to use lotion because it feels good.  An aspect of the "Washing" stage is the "Rinsing Stage."
    • In the Rinsing stage, you need to take the scrubbed clean dishes and rinse them under water (generally from the faucet). This removes bubbles and any excess dirt still on the dishes.

  • The next stage is one of the more crucial stages.  This stage brings the dishes from a "clean" character to a "clean and dry" character.  This stage is called the Drying stage.  This stage is quite simple: you dry the dishes.  If you need further explanation, please read this.

  • The last stage in washing dishes is definitely full of controversy.  Some people will not even consider this stage part of the dish washing cycle. And yet I assure you, it is.  The "Putting Away" stage is both necessary and influential in the final effect of the dish washing cycle.  You put the dishes away in their spot.  

To be continued.....








No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg