Sunday, March 21, 2010

ISU Espionage: Pre Trip

Right now I am sitting at my computer in a red shirt and jeans.  I just got back from church, where the priest had a UNI hat on for the last part of mass.  Last week the priest put on an Irish headpiece.  I'm not quite sure what is up with my church and strange headwear, but I kind of like it.  No big deal.

Moving on.  As some of you might know, Spring Break is here.  For the next week, I do not have to go to school at all.  Some might find it ironic that this week I am going to THREE schools, non of which are for high schoolers.  I decided to make this Spring Break my college getaway.  I'll be leaving today to go up to ISU, where I will stay in someones dorm for the next two nights (not quite sure who's dorm, but I'm assuming someone will let me stay with them).

Our plan is to leave in the afternoon in the white van.  We will drive for two hours and arrive after we have driven those two hours.  Once those two hours in the car are over, we will be at our destination.  Our destination will be arrived at by us after two hours in the van.  Once the van has traveled two hours with us inside, we will be at our location of arrival.  You get the picture.  Two hours.  One van.  Great fun.

Now some people are probably asking, what in the world are you going to do up at ISU? What can you possibly want to do up there? 

There are plenty of things to do that will immerse me in college culture.  Call it a cultural collision if you will, but it will be fun.  Today once we arrive at our destination, which happens to be 2 hours away if traveling by car, I plan on unpacking and getting settled into my new temporary home.  By that time it will probably be 3:30 or so, and then I'm assuming all the college students around me will start doing homework that they saved until tonight.

And yes, I know there will be studying because they are on the honors floor.  Honors students always procrastinate.  


So anyway, everyone will be studying so my plan is to find the few people that aren't studying, and play some Call of Duty with them.  I hear everyone in college plays Call of Duty, so it should be a good start to my spring break.  Or maybe I will just do some of my own homework, and git'r'dunn (sp?).  

As for dinner, we will probably go out to eat somewhere and enjoy the nightlife of Ames, Iowa.  I'm not quite sure where we will go but I assure you, there will be food.




Procrastination motivational poster (<-- Thats an oxymoron) from:

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your feedback. I understand that some of the content on this blog may stimulate you enough to click on the above link. Thanks again, "hate."

    ReplyDelete

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg