Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ISU Espionage: Part II, The Greeting

This is the Wednesday after spring break.  If Wednesday and spring break were racing, spring break would have already finished the race.  Therefore, I am done with my spring break, but have yet to complete my Wednesday after spring break.

As you can see from my previous post I had a quaint adventure over spring break (which is already over.  So over, in fact, that it is already the Wednesday after spring break).  I went up to ISU (Iowa State University) on Sunday.  I loaded up my glorious Grand Caravan with all my supplies (gameboy + pokemon) and took off for Ames.  In my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan I also had two college students, my sister and her roommate. My van is two-toned colored.  A fading white (don't ask how white can fade, it just can) and a growing rust.  The mix of these exquisite colors adds to the overall beauty of the vehicle, and distracts the viewer from the gaping hole in the side of the door.

We were loaded, literally.  A months worth of laundry from two college kids, three huge backpacks, and various other utensils (spatula, wooden spoon, and egg slicer).  I think 'Ole Grumbly averaged about 13 miles per gallon.  That impressed me.  It impressed me about as much as the freshman who brought a rotten egg into the locker room.  Actually I bet the van impressed me a little more.

Enough nonsense.  I was heading towards Ames.  Jack Johnson was playing.  Two hours later we arrived and I parked in a parking lot.  By "parked" I mean that I pulled the van into an open parking space, shifted the gears of the van into 'park,' and then turned the key of the van into the 'off' position.  The car was now off and successfully parked in the parking lot.  In other words, I had parked the car (or van, depending on your generalizing tendencies).  In even other words, I had arrived at Iowa State University, home of Jack Trice Stadium.  In different words than before, I had arrived at my destination, which happened to be Iowa State University.

We unpacked and chilled for a bit as I got to watch my sister greet each and every member of her house, "OMG!!! I haven't seen you in soooo long!!! How was your break!?!"  To which each member of her house would reply, "OMG!!! LEA!!! I've missed you! My break was good, check out these new clothes I got!"  Apparently girls love clothes.  All the girls on that floor seriously spent about 2 hours talking about all the new clothes they bought over break and where they got it.

They looked something like this.

The guys did not really greet my sister like that.  They would answer more something like this, "Lea! Hey! My break was dece, I got to play video games all week.  I prestiged twice!" Then they would go play Call of Duty, and rightfully so.  Most males would be smart to leave the area when the topic of "fashion" or "clothing" comes up.

The greetings were soon over, and dinner plans were made.  Dinner is to be discussed at another time.


Pic of excited teens from http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6761060/2/istockphoto_6761060-excited-teenage-boys-and-girls-shouting-together-with-arms-raised.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg