Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Flaws of the Aged (1/2)

My kid is perfect. He can't make a mistake. When he does, it is not his fault.

Why are parents so protective of their own kids? Why can't they accept that their kids might not be perfect?

Just recently, a parent of the female gender was telling me how her son was struggling in math. He was performing poorly on tests and quizzes, couldn't understand the homework, and never participated in class.

The kid blamed the teacher. The classic "She doesn't teach anything. She just gives us homework then yells at us" excuse. Classic.

The mom blamed the kid's "over intelligence." The classic "My boy just thinks things through too much. He is making everything harder than they need to be. He is too smart, so he thinks that the work should be harder than it really is" excuse. Classic.

Are you kidding me? Math is too tough because the kid is too smart?! Dang, sign me up for that program!

Ridiculous. If the kid was really smart enough, he would realize how to do the math easily. As a friend of mine might say "That is the point of being smart, so you don't have to work hard." Wait, I am getting off track. Back to the parents and their close-mindedness.

Parents want their kid to succeed.... I just realized that "thier" is actually spelled "their." I have been spelling it "thier" my whole life. As a parent might say "That's not your fault, the teachers should have taught you better." Another parent might say "I think that dictionary is wrong, keep up the good work!" But really, this is big for me. Thier isn't correct? Wow. Pathetic.

Back to the subject. Lets get down to the root of this "problem." If you were a parent, had a kid, and raised him to the best of your ability, would you want him/her to fail? Would you turn a blind eye when he/she messed up?

Hmmm. I am not impressed with this post, I find it lacks imagery and legitimacy. I just wanted to get this thought out there, do what you can. ... That might be a good catch phrase. "Do what you can." I like it.


Thats all for now, do what you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg