Saturday, September 12, 2009

Perspectives Part One- What?

Today I barely resisted the urge to post something about the NFL. I just finished reading 5 posts about opening day predictions, injury predictions, team breakdowns, and even Super Bowl Predictions. I could go on and on about the NFL; how Tom Brady will dominate, how Randy Moss will dominate, how Rodney Harrison retired, how Bill Belicheck is a coach, how I am not biased towards any team in particular, etc. But, alas, I will not do that. I must continue on and try to stick to my main topic: Philosophy (side note: Other topics may work their way into this blog, but I will make sure they have meaning).

To start off, we need to define perspectives. I will not go to Webster again, I find his website very cluttered and uninviting. Instead I will come up with my own definition. Basically, perspectives seem to be your view of the world. Your angle. What you think. How you think. How you handle your situations. But then again, based on your perspective, the definition of perspective might change. To a small child, perspective might mean "Oh not again, shut up dad." To an old person, perspective might mean "How much per one spektiv? 70 cents you say? Dang, I can't afford that." To a high school student, perspective might mean "Easiest class ever!"

We can expand a little on that. Your perspective is how you view your world and situations. Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? For me, it is a case of the glass being 100% full, part with water, the other part with air (both crucial to survival). Actually I never thought about that before now, but it seems to make my point reasonably well. This brings up something else: writing. According to Bacon, (paraphrased) "Writing makes a man exact." I think he means that writing makes you realize what you think. Your thoughts are very hard to convey if you can't put them into words (telepathy hasn't been invented yet (even if it was invented, it might only use words)). If you want to discover a little bit more about yourself, pick any topic and start writing about it. Your true nature will soon be revealed...... With just two small payments of 19.95. S&H not included.

Anyway, back to the topic.
Your perspective has a bigger impact on your life than you realize. Oh wait, I am at 400 words. I must go now.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg