Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Night

Some ramblings (pay no attention to the following. In fact, you shouldn't read this. Yes, don't read the following section at all. I am warning you, don't read this.):

I was watching the Bears-Packers game tonight, and realized how sad I was. Sitting in front of a TV, watching grown men hit themselves against each other, trying to get someplace that could easily be reached if they went on the sidelines, holding something that can be bought at Walmart for 10 dollars. Instead of watching, I decided to check the internet (to make sure it was still there).

Actually, when I first got on, I thought the internet wasn't working. Then I waited for the page to load, and it worked. But it was slower than usual. My thoughts shifted to a desire for the local Mediacom sales rep to get injured. Then it was fast again. My thoughts shifted back to wishing the Mediacom sales rep will lead a mediocre life.

The end.


Actually what I really wanted to comment on was the lack of objectiveness in various sports blogs. The posts I have seen generally talk about one team in particular, the blogger's favorite team. I hope that those blogs become more varied, and do not turn into a shrine for a certain team. I'm sure that when you can only say so much about the Vikings, you must turn to another team. Like the Bears.

The end 2.0


Actually I would like to comment on my first comment. We watch football to belong. We love when our team scores. We sigh when our team doesn't acheive thier short-term goal of not sucking. We talk with friends about teams, who wins, who loses, why my team is better than yours, why your team has no chance of being better than mine, why his team is stupid, why he wears that jersey, why she likes football, etc.

The end 2.1


Actually, now that I think about it. I would like to express my new dislike of TJ Max's selection.

There, dislike expressed.

The final end.

PS:If you are reading this: Score one for reverse psychology.

1 comment:

You got it?

I offered to give him speech lessons. He didn't respond.
_______________________________________
A hot dog is God's Toe.
_______________________________________
Best pickup line ever:

"I accidentally ordered an extra entree, can you come and eat if for me?"
_______________________________________
Statistically, I will live forever. I have been living for over 5,000 days. During each of those days, I have lived the whole time. Probability says I am immortal.

(Probability also said Michigan would beat Appalachian State)
_______________________________________
You know we're doomed if we idol a guy named "Young Jeezy." Funniest name ever.
_______________________________________

"You know what they say about assuming?"
"What?"
"Sometimes you're right... sometimes you're wrong"
_______________________________________
Dumb: "Quit being such a smart ass!"

Smart: "I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass."

_______________________________________
-"Well, the short answer is no. But the long answer would be yes, it has one more letter."
_______________________________________
-After drinking all that diet soda, I felt Splendid
_______________________________________
-Drive up ATM's have braille for a good reason: Limit production cost (drive-up same as walk-up, so only one factory setting is needed) Plus, where else is the blind taxi driver going to get his money late at night?
_______________________________________
Only in America:

-Can you walk the streets without getting shot
-Will the police respond to your call without corrupt agendas
-Will you be allowed to elect your leaders
-You don't have to put barbed wire around your yard
_______________________________________
The background for my header (the picture with the Acai tree) is from http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/22996/2-Single_Acacia_Tree_at_Sunrise_Masai_Mara_Kenya.jpg